Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Seems to be frozen, nothing comes out on hot water side.

Customer Question
Second opinion] seems to...

Second opinion] seems to be frozen, nothing comes out on hot water side

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Began this AM 20 degrees outside

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is there something i can do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Plumber: Machinc, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Hopefully it is just frozen slightly and not enough for the pipe to be broken .
More in a moment....
If you know of a spot where your pipes are exposed
( open crawl space door )
Out side spigot , etc
You can check for the pipe being broken with ice sticking out .
More,,,,,
Depending on circumstances I would call a plumber as soon as possible . This is going to happen again even if it clears up during the day today.
If you do find where the pipe is exposed and it is not broken you can take measures to protect the pipe from freezing again ,
(Wrap with rags, close off exposure to wind ,etc
More..
A professional should be called if there is any water leaking or icicles hanging off the pipe. Or just to make everything is ok and all the pipes are properly protected.
More....
Professionals are going to be very busy so do not put off calling . It could be a long wait and you don’t want that if you have no or partial water.
More....
They can also prevent any damage that could be caused by leaking pipes once the weather warns back up.
This is not something you should postpone .
Calling a professional plumber is your best solution.