Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Woke up this morning to a dry toilet tank. Already replaced…

Customer Question
Woke up this morning...

Woke up this morning to a dry toilet tank. Already replaced the fill valve only to findout no water is entering the system. All other faucets work in the house. Help?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just started and don't know how severe

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was the coldest night of the year last night

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
1/1/2018
Plumber: Daniel Plourde, Plumber replied 1 month ago
Daniel Plourde

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. DOUBLECHECK AND MAKE SURE THE VALVE COMING OUT OF THE WALL IS OPEN. IF IT IS AND YOU STILL HAVE NO WATER COMING OUT OF THE VALVE THEN MOST LIKELY THE PIPE MAY BE FROZEN IF IT RUNS NEAR AN OUTSIDE WAL OR WHERE IT CAN GET A COLD DRAFT FROM OUTSIDE

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Anything I can do besides wait for thaw?

IF YOU CAN TRACE OUT THE PIPE AND FIND WHERE IT MAY BE FROZE THEN YOU CAN TRY TO WARM THE PIPE WITH HEATERS. IF NOT YOU CAN USE A PORTABLE ELECTRIC HEATER POINTED AT THE VALVE TO HELP WARM THING UP AND THAW IT OUT

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks that worked

OK GLAD IT WORKED FOR YOU.

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD RATE ME ON MY SERVICE BY SELECTING ONE OF THE 5 STARS ON YOUR PAGE SO WE MAY CLOSE THIS QUESTION.

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, Plumber