Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Is there more yearly maintenance that needs done on Rennai…

Customer Question
Is there more yearly...

Is there more yearly maintenance that needs done on Rennai than flushing with vinagar?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several months - I did the flush in July

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I do the flush by myself! The question is there more that I need to do besides the flush?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/31/2017
Plumber: Daniel Plourde, Plumber replied 7 months ago
Daniel Plourde

hi i am dan i can help you with this. if your model has a condensate drain then that and the trap needs to be cleaned out and the flame sensor and ignitor needs to be removed and cleaned

It does have a condensation drain. How difficult is it to clean the flame sensor and ignitor?

IT IS FAIRLY SIMPLE WITH THE COVER REMOVED THEY ARE LOCATED IN THE BURNER COMPARTMENT HELD IN WITH A COUPLE SCREWS, REMOVE THEM AND CLEAN THEM WITH A SOFT RAG OR TOWLE AND REINSTALL THEM

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD RATE ME ON MY SERVICE BY SELECTING ONE OF THE 5 STARS ON YOUR PAGE SO WE MAY CLOSE THIS QUESTION.