Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a kitchen sink faucet of the type that's on a

Customer Question
I have a kitchen...

I have a kitchen sink faucet of the type that's on a flexible tube that enables the user to pull down the faucet and spray dishes, etc. The problem is that the flexible tubing leaks at the point where it joins the faucet. Looks to me as though I need a new nozzle. What do you think?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

The fixture is only a few years old. The problem has been developing gradually. When you run the water, there's a side drip (now a stream) that comes out because of the lead from the joint of the tubing with the nozzle. I have disconnected the flexible tubing from the nozzle and I don't see any sort of washer down in the nozzle. This leads me to believe that the only fix is to replace the nozzle. The local stores tell me they don't have nozzles and that I need to contact Delta directly of check with a plumbing supply house. The fixture really needs fixing at this point.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That should read "because of the leak" not "lead."

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yup. Do you agree that a new nozzle is the likely fix? If so, how can I get one? This unit requires an RP50587 seal, if that would help you identify it (I don't know the model's name or designation).

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
12/30/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

More likely the gasket/seal or the hose, maybe the nozzle. At this point I'd suggest you call Delta if replacing the seal which you can get at a plumbing supply house that sells Delta doesn't work. This may be a warranty item. 1-800-345-DELTA (3358) M-F 8 am to 8 pm ET or 9 am to 6 pm on Sat.

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor