Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

We have a problem with a shower control handle. The handle…

Customer Question
We have a problem...

We have a problem with a shower control handle. The handle keeps slipping. Our shower was in the house when we bought it and is probably 10 years old. The shower unit is, I think, your devonshire model. We have tried to remove the handle, a tighten the retaining screw, but it doesn't seem to hold. The screw is a torx-head type and holds a white nylon piece that, I think, is called a stem adapter. Do you have any advice on solving this annoying problem? Thanks in advance for your time.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I don't think that would have anything to do with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've been doing DIY plumbing for years and am somewhat intuitive about it...not an expert though.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
12/30/2017
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

What brand is the shower valve? Are you able to verify if it is the handle loose on the stem, and not the stem loose on the cartridge?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I provided all he needed info obviously, you’re not familiar with the product/problem. Refund or reverse my fee immediately.
Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber