Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have a kohler shower door model #r707510 were having

Customer Question
We have a kohler...

We have a kohler shower door model #r707510 were having trouble with it it staying in place on threshold when we open the door. It only called for calking on the bottom to hold it in place.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We only had it installed last night

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well we are now that its not done right

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/30/2017
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Do you know if the installer used caulking or silicone?

caulking

W​hen installing shower doors it is always best to use 100% silicone and not tub or tile caulking. That is a water based product that does not cure or resist moisture and doesn't adhere too well for shower doors. If the doors were recently installed I recommend dismantling the entire door, rails, and track, clean and dry off all surfaces completely, and then reinstall using 100% silicone (same product used on aquariums) and then let it cure as recommended, usually 48hrs before usage.

Here is a link to the installation instructions and it shows in the guide 100%silicone sealant is to be used.

http://www.ca.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=40676102&prod_num=R707510-L

Step 6 of the instructions says;

Install the Threshold Apply a 1/4” (6 mm) bead of silicone sealant along the ledge under the threshold location. Install the threshold on the ledge. Push the strike jamb seat tight against the wall. Secure the threshold with tape.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 29, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is over 90 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 27 days ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave