Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My rinnai water heater is gas on the outside of my house in…

Customer Question
My rinnai water heater...

My rinnai water heater is gas on the outside of my house in Durham, NC the circuit breaker tripped and there were icicles on the unit. I can reset the break but it keeps tripping after a few minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Haven’t touched the t-stat it’s under the house in the crawl space. Didn’t know there was a filter. Where would the ice come from

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes unless I can get a plumber to work on it tonight

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/28/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

.Hello, so far it sounds like something that will require a Rinnai technician, a breaker will not trip unless there is an electrical short in the unit.

.

A plumber if you can even get one tonight will cost you a fortune, it will be better to wait until morning. If you need help locating a well rated outfit, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will look one up for you.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.