Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Why is there still water in the water line to the bathroom…

Customer Question
why is there still water...
why is there still water in the water line to the bathroom sink if I shut off the water main to the house. Kitchen sink has no water neither does the shower,... but bathroom sink still has water running
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/28/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Did you shut off the water main or just the water heater?

the water main outside the house out on the street.
kitchen sink no water...shower no water

Then you're just draining the water out of the piping. It will stop eventually. If the sink is at the same level or below the water heater tank you could be siphoning out the water heater

its been going on for one hour

It can only be one of the above unless the main at the street is leaking by

thank you the main has to be really really really tight to turn off all the water

Is that a question?

It was the main shut off valve.... it has to be closed really really tight. Thank you my problem is solved.

You're welcome. I'd appreciate a favorable rating