Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I live in a mobile home and I believe our drain pipes have…

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a mobile home and I believe our drain pipes have frozen. The water from the tub will not drain and the toilet will not flush. When I go to thaw the pipes underneath the home, how will I know which pipe to point the heat gun on?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

We have been gone for about a week for Christmas. We noticed last night when we tried to take a shower and the tub wouldn't drain.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes... all plumbers in the area are booked.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
12/28/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Toilet pipe will be a large 3" or 4" pipe starting at the toilet. However there should never be any water standing in it that could freeze unless there's a stoppage. The tub will be am 1 1/2" line most likely frozen at the trap directly beneath the tub

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor