Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Does an Instant Hot Water Pump system work on a PEX water…

Customer Question
Does an Instant Hot...

Does an Instant Hot Water Pump system work on a PEX water pipe system?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I had an instant hot water pump installed our new home about 1 year ago,

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. Only the kitchen sink get instant hot water, how do you fix it?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/27/2017
Plumber: Brian Weeks, Plumber replied 7 months ago
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. Yes it will, but depending on how you plan to connect to the heater I would recommend a min. 6” heat transfer before hooking up to plastic pipe. That could be copper or brass to the heater. Some brands of heater will tell you what heat transfer you need for instant heaters. If you have anymore questions please let me know and don’t forget to leave 5 star feedback. Thank you
I am sorry I said heater, but is the same for a pump as well. I recommend a 6” pipe transfer from plastic to a metal pipe.