Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

How to fix heat shutdown on whirlpool water heater. 4years,

Customer Question
How to fix heat...

How to fix heat shutdown on whirlpool water heater

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4years, model number N40T61- 343

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/26/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What do you mean by "heat shutdown"? Does it stop firing before the water gets hot enough?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On light control status it's described '' HIGH TEMP. SHUTDOWN'' - 4 times blinking, short interruption, 4times more, etc. Yes, it stop firing before the water gets hot enough.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please respond ASAP

If you're getting a HIGH TEMP SHUTDOWN and the water isn't getting hot enough then you have a defective gas control valve which needs to be replaced. Since the unit is only years old i should still be under warranty. I'd suggest you contact Whirlpool for a warranty replacement part.

PHONE TOLL FREE: 1-***-***-**** MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM EASTERN TIME

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber