Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I had a gas stove that whenever I used it some type of

Customer Question
Hi. I had a...

Hi. I had a gas stove that whenever I used it some type of liquid (orderless/colorless) would collect on the bottom and cause the whole thing to smoke so I assumed it was broken. I recently purchased a new gas stove, used it 2 or 3 times no problem. today i used it again and the same thing happened with the liquid. Any thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Nope

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/24/2017
Plumber: Home Guru, Handyman replied 2 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Were you cooking in the unit, normally that would be oil from the food being cooked. This is not coming from the unit at all.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I was cooking but this morning it was a cheese cake in a fully enclosed spring form pan.

It dripped off trust me and that is just oil then it burns and smokes.

What could have possibly dripped off from a cheese cake?

Oil from the cream cheese. If you want to see just next time put a rack under whatever you are cooking with tin foil on it, if you catch the oil it is getting out of your item through the pan or over the egde. This is super common.

Home Guru
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman