Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a baxi ht 300 luna. 2 problems. the gree light

Customer Question
I have a baxi...

I have a baxi ht 300 luna. 2 problems. the gree light flashes all the time when the unit is not running. 2nd is the circulating pump never stops running. the unit works fine when the thermostats call for heat and the hot water works. when the heat setting is turned up above 55c, the pressure goes to 2 bars and the unit drips water. help

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

They are fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pump is very hot to the touch

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/24/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello. the green light flashing indicates there is power to the unit.. its normal.

.

click here please, tell me if this installation and service manual suits your boiler or not, it covers many different models but not all years. See page 6 tell me what you can CLICK HERE PLEASE

.

These units are very thinly distributed in the US, with dealers coming and going and not having invested in training staff for these complex systems..... of which they may only have installed one or two.

My attitude if I owned the boiler would be to leave it alone if it works... if you attempt any changes and it quits working you will be very lucky to find a well trained dealer anywhere within driving distance.

Let me know if that is the correct manual or not, we can go from there

It appears that this manual is the right one except I have a qaa73 thermostat. Also my circulation pump never shuts off.

Thanks, ***** ***** pump situation is a programming option, its unfortunate that the manual is not more clear on that, other than shown on page 6...I posted the link above... were you able to click on it and see that page?

.

I need to be very direct here. Of the millions of boilers sold in the USA, less than 0.01% are Baxi's. technically qualified dealers are scarce, and trained technicians, those who wanted to learn those complex controls are even more scarce ... on boilers that do not exist in their area .... are almost impossible to find. This is a foreign import with a poor service network and incomplete service manuals.

.

You will be doing fantastically well to leave the thing alone, and let it keep on operating until it fails, hopefully years from now, then replace it with something that has a large dealer network in the USA, such as Rinnai, or Rheem, or Takagi, or Noritz.... with those there are almost always several dealers within driving distance... and...parts are available in stock, locally in most cases.

.

OR if you can tell me which direction you are from the center or the nearest larger city, I might be able to find a dealer for you that has spend the many thousands of dollars necessary to train his staff. Its a long shot though.