Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

American Standard tub and fixtures, New stems, seats, still…

Customer Question
American Standard tub and...

American Standard tub and fixtures, New stems, seats, still dripping cold water. What else should I do?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Original in house built in 1960

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Several weeks, small stream

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, I am a do it youselfer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/21/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you replaced the seats and stems and still have a leak you'll have to replace the entire valve. There's nothing more you ca do to fix this.

Do you have more questions?

I have replaced the stem and seat. what else can do?
You've already charged my bank account $27.00.

There is nothing else you can do to save this valve. When new seats and stems don't solve the problem we replace the valve. Given it's age a replacement is your best option.
If you have payment questions contact customer service. I only answer plumbing questions.