Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

The water temp when on 115 degrees fluctuates widely when…

Customer Question
The water temp when...

The water temp when on 115 degrees fluctuates widely when taking a shower, from getting hotter to rapidly cooling off. I'm guessing a 20 degree swing? Any way to resolve or identify the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Started probably a month ago. Only happens when using the shower; stays consistent when washing dishes.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. I can call the plumber that did the install...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't believe so. Really like the unit; had it for over 3 years now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/21/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, if you have a tankless water heater the cause is low hot water flow, so the flow switch inside the water heater turns the burners off and on, causing the problem.

IF you have a tank type water heater, the problem is caused by a faulty shower temperature control valve, or a bad mixing valve if you have one out by the water heater.

Let me know the brand and model number of the water heater please.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.