Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My shower head is leaking intermittently - it seems to only…

Customer Question
Hi, my shower head...

Hi, my shower head is leaking intermittently - it seems to only leak in the early hours of the morning, 3-6 am, but doesn't seem to drip during the day. does something need to be replaced?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/18/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

When the shower head drips it's the shower valve/faucet that needs to be fixed. If it's a single handle valve/faucet the cartridge (the working mechanism in the valve) needs to be replaced.