Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

There is standing wanter in the salt tank of my kenmore

Customer Question
There is standing wanter...

There is standing wanter in the salt tank of my kenmore water softner, series 400. I have seen a little water in the bottom before, but not a third of the salt tank...should I drain it or just add salt on it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years old.420

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I can call a service company if needed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a drain line i can check?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Is he still working on my question? my phone # is(###) ###-#### They can give me a call. I haven't received an email yet.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What you describe is not problematic. There is no drain only an overflow. The brine solution is drawn out of the tank during the re-gen cycle. I'd just keep an eye on it. If the level rises to more than 2/3's I'd call for service.

ok

Do you have more questions?