Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Im looking to speak with someone that is familiar with a…

Customer Question
Im looking to speak with...
Im looking to speak with someone that is familiar with a Navien tankless boiler NCB-180e
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/16/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, click here please, this should be the 148 page service manual for your boiler, but we need to confirm it.

I need to know about how old your boiler is, and what problem you are having with it.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

This Navien unit is not yet one year old recently this last week discovered that the installer installed the air intake and exhaust piping backwards to the concentric vent the contractor was called back out when this was realized to repipe the PVC vent for the last couple mornings now I have awoken to no heat and no hot water with the unit reading an error code e110 I'm looking to troubleshoot this code as I cannot get ahold of the contractor for the last couple days please point in the right direction as to troubleshoot also to add I have already pulled the air filter screen and it is clean and I have also cleaned the condensate trap

Hello again, I will stay with you on this from now until the the end of time, but I do need to warn you that the factory training for experienced jouneymen on this unit is 2 weeks full time... these are complex systems.

The error codes are *very useful about 30% of the time.... the most important thing however is to notice that they are too vague or 100% in error the other 70% of the time... so that going by error codes alone can be a problem.

If this problem just began since the vent pipe correction is likely that condensate has gotten into the pressure switch tubing and locked out the pressure switch. I will be back in a few minutes after I see what the error code is about

As I suspected that is a 'fan motor' / 'pressure switch' error code... caused when the vent piping allows condensate from the exhaust gasses to run back down the exhaust vent tube into the exhaust blower, then not drain from there to the units condensate drain, but allows it get into the 1/4" black rubber tubing attached to the pressure switch.

Remove that tubing and blow it it, if there was any water in it, that was the problem.

Examine the instructions for connecting the venting for crucial details on capturing condensate and draining it to the condensate trap near the bottom of the unit.

The boiler manual I posted is for a *condensing boiler...yet fails to discuss the condensate handling at all... that happens with chinese built equipment, somethings crucial items get missed in the translation or omitted entirely.. We will be working in this area

First I need you to confirm that your equipment is identical.

Beyond that my advice is to stick the dealer with repairs, if you do anything yourself an unskilled dealer will attempt to blame you for the problems and wash his hands of the situation.

The other aspect, is that fewer than 5% of dealers will be factory trained and competent on repairs that model... maybe fewer than 1%