Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have no water to the house at all. This happened over…

Customer Question
We have no water to...
We have no water to the house at all. This happened over 10-15 minutes of time running the water. It slowed and stopped completely. This was two days ago and we have been unable to identify the issue. We have municipal water.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/15/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

If you're saying there is no water into the house from the main then you could have a crushed line or a broken pipe underground. Is the valve before the PRV a gate valve (round handle)?

There is a gate valve at the street by the meter and it has flow

Then a busted or crushed line underground are the most likely culprits

We snaked a line from the house to within a few feet of the meter. The area is open and nothing has happened that would trigger a sudden crush. What would it take to crush a 1" plastic line?

If the line wasn't properly back filled with sand a rock in the back fill could crush it

If you're sure the line is good to within a few feet of the meter I'd dig there.

No other possible explanation for this issue? Seems odd that one day out of the blue this happens. The house is about 15 years old.
Great water pressure and no issues at all and then we go to brush our teeth before bed and the water peters out during the time the tap is running.

No other possibilities based on your description

Just crazy!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's what your description points to.
Do you have more questions?

no, thank you

You're welcome.

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor