Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

We have a rinnai system but it takes about 4-5 minutes until…

Customer Question
We have a rinnai...

We have a rinnai system but it takes about 4-5 minutes until we get hot water. We previously had a continuous loop system to have immediate hot water but had 2 water leaks due to constant hot water in the copper lines. We had the system replaced with PEX but now the water is just not hot. What should we do?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It has continued to get worse, we had 2 other water leaks in the slab of our master bathroom. After the second leak, our plumber re-routed the lines through the walls and into the attic. Now, it is a big problem with the hot water. The plumber increased the water temperature to 135 but still it just doesn't get hot and takes so long

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, we have a plumber

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have a large home, 4000 sq feet and just 1 water heater. Our kids are grown and gone so it is just my husband and me.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/15/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 2 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am a Rinnai factory trained and certified repair technician

What is the model number.

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber