Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have a Bosch Aqua Star Tankless water system and the hot…

Customer Question
We have a...

We have a Bosch Aqua Star Tankless water system and the hot water doesn't come out of the faucet at all, but the cold does.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We have had it for a couple years I think, I need to go get the model number , I will be back.

Contractor's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

Model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a cousin that installed it for us, he isn't here right now, I just want to know if it is something my husband and I can look at to find the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine yesterday , it has been really cold the last 2 days here, temps in the teens .

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Plumbing
hello, just checking to see if anyone is still working on my tankless water heater question?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You may have a clogged inlet screen/filter. Cleaning it is about the only thing you can do yourself. The filter is attached to a cap on the side of the fitting where the cold water pipe connects to the unit. To clean it shut the cold water into the unit off then open a hot water (only) faucet and let it run until it stops. Then close the faucet and go to the heater and unscrew the cap. Have a bucket handy since there is some water that's likely to drain back when you remove the cap

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber