Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Burnham boiler is leaking out of pressure valve. How do I…

Customer Question
Burnham boiler is leaking out...
Burnham boiler is leaking out of pressure valve. How do I stop it?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/15/2017
Plumber: Brian Weeks, Plumber replied 7 months ago
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can assist. You need to verify that the pressure is not to high causing the valve to open. If it is then lower the pressure setting or find the cause. Once that is done you most likely will have to replace the pressure valve because once they open the rarely reseal.
How do I lower the pressure setting?
Can you send me the model of the unit
P204PVWNI
Is this unit natural gas?
Okay on this unit the chance of the boiler pressure getting to high is slim. You would need to verify on the pressure gauge the pressure reading. Then check the information on the pressure relief. If it does not exceed the pressure than the relief has gone bad and just needs to be changed.