Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Where are the upper and lower temp sensors located on an…

Customer Question
Where are the upper...

Where are the upper and lower temp sensors located on an Electrolux model EE66WP30PS hybrid water heater

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model EE66WP30PS 2 years. It's a current model and owners manual does not show those locations

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/14/2017
Plumber: Home Guru, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you lift up the control console it should be behind there/

It isn't. There is not a control console attached to the tank.
Plumber: Elliott Oxton, Plumber replied 7 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Plumber

My name is ***** ***** i have worked in the HVAC industry for over 15 years. I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please give me a few moments to review your issue and I will get back to you shortly.

Just so i know exactly what you require from me today: I understand you want to know the location of the upper/lower temp sensor. But do you need additional help? For example is there an issue you are dealing with?

I will look into the location while you respond.

This unit has two water temperature sensors, one at the top and bottom half of the unit.

To access these sensors you need to remove the decorative panels by following these steps:

Make sure the unit is shut off and disconnected from the power before proceeding.

1. Slide the decorative panels upwards to detach it from the docking hooks.

2. Disconnect the PCB connector. Should be a plug that you can disconnect to allow you to move the panel away from the unit.

This panel is normally the black narrow panel which contains the electrical control panel. Under this panel you should be able to see the temp sensors through the insulation of the unit.

You mentioned that yours does not have a control console. If you cannot see this panel can you send me some photos of your unit for me?

Please let me know how you get on.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

Elliott