Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

How do we know from looking at pictures on line which seat…

Customer Question
How do we know...

How do we know from looking at pictures on line which seat will fit our toilet? Numbers we see in the tank in ink are E1563, I 500. Numbers we see compressed in to the actual porcelain are PF 3112-E 1.6gpf/6 . Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just arrived in winter home last night so just discovered 2 seats need to be replaced. Brackets holding seats in place were probably cracked last visit 9 months ago. Condo is 10 years old so they would have gone on the toilets then, I assume.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would a picture help you? Can we send pictures here?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/14/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can't go by pictures. You have to refer to seat dimensions. Generally you're much better off getting a seat from Home Depot or Lowes. Better yet a plumbing supply house. Measure the top of the bowl at the widest point and the distance from the bolt holes to the furthest point on the front edge