Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a RIELLO 40F5, I ran out of fuel and have put 5

Customer Question
I have a RIELLO...

I have a RIELLO 40F5, I ran out of fuel and have put 5 gallons of fuel in the tank. I can' seem to find any sort of a bleeder valve. How do I purge the air from the line?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About four hours now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes as long as I don't have to take to many thing apart.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/12/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Left side of burner where oil line is connected bleeder (facing front) looks like bleeder on a brake line. You have to hit the reset button so the motor will run while you purge.

nothing that looks like a break line bleeder valve. The line from the tank runs to one filter then to another then to the RIELLO
OK I took the cover off and have the drawing of the pump and I've located the pump on the unit.

and I assume the bleeder on the front of the pump

There are two nuts on the front of the pump. one is brass and looks to be about 5/8 - 9/16 in size and the other one has what seems to be an adjustment screw
The drawing you sent is the right one. The photo you sent after looks nothing like it

The pic is to indicate what the bleeder looks like since you couldn't seem to figure it out. I know it's not a Riello. I said so in the post!