Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Rinnai Energysaver 556F fan type direct vent wall…

Customer Question
I have a Rinnai...

I have a Rinnai Energysaver 556F fan type direct vent wall heater. Child lock was pressed and now the unit can't be turned on. Green light for child lock remains on but none of the controls operate.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filter at top was clean. I don't know where the thermostat is. I recently bought this house and the previous owners didn't leave a manual.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. The reason I pressed the child lock was that I wanted to increase the temperature but the light at the higher temperature was blinking green and then the "on" light went from green to red. I tried everything including pressing the child lock, hoping it would work but the child lock froze it completely.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/9/2017
Plumber: Home Guru, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you just shut the power off to the unit at the circuit breaker for a full 2 minutes then tried it?