Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a kohler unit and it is showing error 5 on my dispay…

Customer Question
I have a kohler...

I have a kohler unit and it is showing error 5 on my dispay and shuts down

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

New but it was sitting in the garage for a year or more

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yest yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

A week ago I turn it on and steam showed up than I just turned it off. Now when I'm turning it on error 5 shows up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/8/2017
Plumber: Brian Weeks, Plumber replied 7 months ago
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. That error code has 4 different possible problems. 1st thing is too check and make sure the water in the tank is full. Can you please verify the tank is full?
it it
Brian please tell me all four causes i dont want to pay almost 20$ for answers like it, tell me straight what might be wrong and what can be done to fix each problem i dont want to waist my money. thanks
Okay I checked with Kohler earlier today and was informed that if the tank is full you will need to call them for more support. I will send you the error code sheet so you can see what Kohler is saying. Please give just a minute to send
I have all manual and the code sheet already
Please see attached link. Please don’t forget to leave 5 star feedback for my performance and which will give credit for the question. Thank you
https://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1045789_5.pdf
Okay then call Kohler will be able to help you from there and help with warranty of the unit.
If you have anymore questions after talking to Kohler please let me know and I hope they will be able to help. Thank you