Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have this exact question, but I live in DC. You can drop…

Customer Question
I have this exact...

I have this exact question, but I live in Washington DC. https://www.justanswer.com/plumbing/4917u-hi-my-tank-kohler-k-4404-houses-flushmate-503-broke.html

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

You can drop me a note at***@******.***

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. It would be a professional install but they are afraid they won't be able to find the tank as it's been discontinued.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that I'm in Washington, DC, so it would help if the item were sourced close to here The previous question that exactly matched mine was from California

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/6/2017
Plumber: Brian Weeks, Plumber replied 4 months ago
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will sister today what exactly is broken on the flushmate
The flushmate is fine. But the tank itself is cracked from bolt to bolt and the Kohler k-4404 is discontinued. It's *exactly* the same question I referenced that you guys answered seven years ago.
I have done some looking and appears that you can contact Kohler to see if there are options but most likely you will have to replace the whole toilet. Sorry. If there is anything else I can do please let me know and don’t forget to provide 5 star feedback
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber