Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am thinking about re-piping the radiant hot water heating…

Customer Question
I am thinking about...

I am thinking about re-piping the radiant hot water heating system which has been converted from a steam system awhile ago. Currently 3-4 inch iron pipes are in place. The system has many missing pipes that were removed due to leaks and a few cast iron radiators and cast iron baseboard have to be replaced. I am considering Pex-Al-Pex manifold for this job. What is your scope on this issue?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since 2012 and right now the old system is completely broken.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The local plumber estimated 41 pipes to be replaced at a cost of 11k

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm not going to do the work myself.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/6/2017
Plumber: Home Guru, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes PEX is the way to go for sure what are you wanting to know?

What kind of PEX is better for these kind of applications?
What type of manifold would you recommend?

How big of a minifold do you need and what pipe sizes are you using?