Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

In 1998, we installed Delta Innovation faucets in three

Customer Question
In 1998, we installed...

In 1998, we installed Delta Innovation faucets in three bathrooms.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

In the master bath, we used two chrome faucet sets with separate sink openings for faucet and valves at the wider widths. these particular installations have been a continuous maintenance issue with many replacement kits of new seals & springs and periodically new plastic valve inserts. In both cold water valves, I have exceeded both my patience and competence. In one case, the set screw holding the handle in place can not be removed - I am about to take a drill bit to it but don't have a bit small enough and long enough to deal with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

In the second cold valve, I have not been able to control the dripping & leaking around the base even after replacing all the easy maintenance parts. so I am at the point of wanting to replace . . . at least the two cold water valve (and Innovation handle) sets. Or else replace both complete faucet sets.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it possible to find complete replacements valve/handle sets from Delta? Is this something I can do myself - the undersink connections with common tools?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/5/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The only thing still available for this almost 20 year old faucet are the common repair parts. Are you using Genuine Delta parts? Are you using the valve stem that has a stainless steel surface that on the bottom that meets the neoprene seat?

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber