Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a moen ins10584 lavatory faucet, recently installed…

Customer Question
I have a moen...

I have a moen ins10584 lavatory faucet, recently installed that I am trying to replace the aerator with an attachment for water flossing my teeth. I can not get the aerator off. I am turning clockwise from above. there is very little room to grip the aerator

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Working on it for 40 minutes or so. without the aerator removed, I can not add the flossing tool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/5/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need an aerator removal tool for this model. Contact Moen for one (1-***-***-****) or try a local plumbing supply house that sells Moen. There is a version of this faucet where the aerator has an outer ring that is easily removed. It sounds like that's not the version you have.

No other way than the tool? The plumber who installed the faucet did not leave it

No other way.