Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Installed all Delta multi choice valve and six way diverted…

Customer Question
Ok installed all Delta...

Ok installed all Delta multi choice valve and six way diverted to shower, 3 body sprays and a hand held shower

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

New install problem is when I put the RP46463 cartridge I the water will not shut off. I have installed it in the correct position and reviewed answers on line and YouTube but it's still the same way I'm currently installing. Water will get to all fixtures no other leaves. Only water will not shut off?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

New install.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've done all off the work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. All new system, it's just that the new cartridge will not shut off water.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
12/4/2017
Plumber: cole, Plumber replied 4 months ago
cole
cole, Plumber

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about plumbing and I think I can help. so did you do the little white seat housing that comes with the new cartridge? i will send a picture of it. this will likely be the problem. if you did these than i would go buy just the standard seats and springs and try just replacing those inside of this unit..... those are usually the problem even if new it can still be an issue. let me know how you do... thanks

new spring only is delta part number rp4993

Thanks for the reply. With this cartridge the plastic holder holds both rubber & springs that go into valve body. I went and bought a whole new valve assembly with the seating plastic with rubber & springs installed it with same result water will NOT shut off.
At work not at home will call tomorrow
Does it make a difference if the Delta multi choice rough in valve body has adjustable screws for H & C?
2nd one from bottom 17 series

Ok so if you replaced even the little white double punger in bottom then i would go get yourself some of the rp4993 springs and seats and try those only...it should do the trick. let me know. thanks

cole
cole
cole, Plumber