Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Our navien tankless water heater is not working. cleaned air…

Customer Question
Our navien tankless water...

Our navien tankless water heater is not working. cleaned air inlet screen, removed and cleaned water inlet screen. no error codes, turn unit off, wait a few seconds, turn back on, heater starts up, turbo fan seems to run at three stages, slow, fast, faster. then shuts down. I have tap open in bathroom for flow demand.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

No codes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its something simple, otherwise I will call a local plumber on monday.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats all I can tell you for now, needing direction if possible

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, so far it sounds like the printed circuit board is bad, about an 90% chance of that, you can try replugging all of the wire connections inside the unit to burnish any oxide, the has a slim chance of working. The fact of no error code under these conditions is what points to a bad printed circuit board.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.