Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I had a toilet that was pretty constantly running. I

Customer Question
I had a toilet...

I had a toilet that was pretty constantly running. I replaced the flapper with exactly the same kind as my old one, and now the tank doesn’t fill. What’s up?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few weeks now. I just turned off the water supply until I can figure it out

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Like I said, after replacing the flapper, tank doesn’t fill

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably, if simple enough

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 4 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I’d replace the the full valve with a fluid master. Adjust fill level 1” below overflow tube

Okay- is than an easy thing to do?

Yes very easy. Once you buy the new one it’s self explanatory

Since I don’t have a new one yet, then it wouldn’t help to call. Thanks

The call is automatic and should be ignored until you have questions. Please leave a five star for helping you

How'd it go?

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber