Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have Moen Genta series with two handles. The water flow…

Customer Question
We have Moen Genta...

We have Moen Genta series with two handles. The water flow is very low--how can it be adjusted?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since installation--both sinks have same issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/30/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. Have you tried cleaning out the aerator? Here's a parts blow up so you can locate it. It's not your typical aerator.

http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/ws84760pt.pdf

This is for a single handle - ours is two handle.

Same spout, same aerator. Here's the 2 handle version
http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/84763pt.pdf

If that doesn't work note the filter kit below the spout connection part # 187095. Try cleaning that filter

How do I take it apart to get to filter?

Easiest way would be to disconnect the spout and pull the spout off the sink. You'll need the install toll show in the parts blowup

Vague and useless response. This is clearly a rip-off trying to add additional charges. Will be reported to BBB.

If you don't know how to perform the steps indicated all you have to do is ask. Emotional and insulting responses aren't going to help. I don't know what charges you're talking about. I have no control over what the site does. I'm a user of this platform just like you not an employee of the site.

Plumber: cole, Plumber replied 7 months ago
cole
cole, Plumber

Hi there, I'm Cole. Do you still need assistance. I would be glad to help if so...