Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I got a BW water heater that started leaking. Apparently…

Customer Question
I got a BW...

I got a BW water heater that started leaking. Apparently through the t and P valve.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Started today some time not sure when. Pretty wet.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was going to check the model umber and serial number with you and see how old it is and how likely it is the water heater versus the T and P valve. I may or may not do the work myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you tell me the age of the wter heater if I give you serial number?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/28/2017
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

H​ow many gallons and is it gas or electric? Can you upload a few photos showing some of the labels? Usually there is a date on the label it is hard to find, but should be locatable. Also a photo showing the T&P valve leak.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave