Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have an existing alcove tub which is a cast iron tub and a…

Customer Question
I have an existing...

I have an existing alcove tub which is a cast iron tub and a shower. I want to install a wall mount 2 handled faucet with handheld shower but also keep the existing shower. Can I just have a shower control valve to existing copper pipe in the wall to control shower flow when the tub faucet is moved to the tub fill and mixing the water for temp before turning on the handle to the shower?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

What?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I'd like to get a plumber but I want to know how it's done fire first

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I have photos but ask a question I will answer it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/27/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can install a single handle transfer valve to control where the water goes. You can't install a 2 handle valve in most locales they are illegal for a shower. It has to be a single hande pressure balancing valve so a transfer valve is the best option if you curently have a pressure balancing valve.

Do you have more questions?