Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My tankless Richmond wont get full temp without two devices…

Customer Question
My tankless Richmond wont...

My tankless Richmond wont get full temp without two devices turned on. One sink flow not enough? How to adjust?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Brand new unit

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No it works and vents fine... no codes. just needs more flow than one sink.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
The heater gets to about 100F running one sink spout. will not hit 130 until I turn another hot water faucet on..
Does this site actually work?
You never answered me-- at all-- and then want to know if I'd recomend you? CYou should give me my deposit back...
Answered in 8 days by:
12/6/2017
Plumber: Brian Weeks, Plumber replied 6 months ago
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber

Hello sorry for delay my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. Can you please give me the model of the unit.

The manual doesnt have the particulars.. its a Richmond, made by Peerless? direct vent unit. I'll have to get the specs off the unit this weekend.
Sounds good please let me know what they are so we can work together in trouble shooting the unit
I haven't been able to get the model as I'm travelling for business. I should have it later today. I will forward to you .
model # RMTG64DVLP-1
There is a couple things that might be going on there maybe a water saving setting turn on for the unit. This requires moving the plan a check a few things. Are you comfortable with working on the unit. Also the second thing is if the demand is set correctly then the have demand pumps you can add to the system to help with the issue which is what Richmond/Rheem recommends.
Yeah... I'm comfortable with dip and PLC's. I went throught the options for settings in the manual but nothing seemed likely to correct the issue. This unit is set up on a well and has a pressure tank. I have not installed any jockey pumps to recirc as yet but could if that;s the answer.I wont be able to get back to it until Saturday.Steve