Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My single family home has several blocked drains on the

Customer Question
outside where rainwater typically runs...
My single family home has several blocked drains on the outside where rainwater typically runs. They appear to be full of soil. How can I clean them out and get them running again.My house is on a Street in San Francisco where it touches the adjacent properties. There is concrete paving around it which joins to the foundations. The drains are in the concrete. Beneath the concrete is sand. The drains have square grates which are about 5" across and the pipes appear to be about 4" diameter.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/25/2017
Plumber: Home Guru, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

How blocked are they and with what are they blocked with?

Soil, there is soil up to the top of the drain but I can't tell how far it extends

You need a drain snake or I would use this, I own one of these and it works great as long as you have a pressure washer...CLICK HERE that clears most clogs pretty quick.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!