Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Just installed a kohler mixer valve. when I turn the water…

Customer Question
Just installed a kohler...

Just installed a kohler mixer valve. when I turn the water on the water regardless of where the control handle is.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just installed it on a job today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can give you the kohler model number if that would be helpful to you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. Model number would help. Are you saying the water runs no matter wher you set the handle?

Chances are you have a defective valve uless the flow is very weak in one position which could inducate debris in the valve.

Do you have more questions?