Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a water heater 5 years old, model U45036FRN, that

started to have explosive sounding...
I have a water heater 5 years old, model U45036FRN, that started to have explosive sounding banging, any time of the day or night, whether faucets are open or not. What can we do.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: For perhaps 10 days. The banging is so powerful it rattles the windows.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not at all
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had a plumber look at it, he heard the bang while he was outside of the house. The water heater is in a closet of the den, which was converted from the attached garage maybe 40 years ago.
11/17/2017
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Sounds like delayed ignition. This is usually caused by dirty burners. Does the closet have a fresh air vent to the outside?

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Phone call session started
Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor