Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

When I use outside watering, the water will not work in the…

Customer Question
My name is*****: I'll...

My name is*****: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

When I use outside watering, the water will not work in the house. The puessure drops.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

This has been happening for many years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

All depends on the issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Trying to sell our home and the inspection showed this as an issue.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/17/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 8 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you
This is a volume issue. Meaning your main water line is sized too small. The diameter is determined by length of line to account for friction loss, number of fixture units in house, number and gallon per minute rate of sprinklers and static pressure of the line.
Any questions?