Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

HOw do I know if the plumbing in my condo building can

Customer Question
HOw do I know...

HOw do I know if the plumbing in my condo building can handle garbage disposals? It's a building that received all new plumbing in 2002.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I am a board member and one of our owners just asked this question and I don't know how to answer it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No - it would definitely need to be installed by a licensed plumber but they want to know if it is o.k. before they go out and buy one.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. I am not really sure what I need to know.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/16/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

All code compliant plumbing (from 2002) can handle a disposal as long as you are on city sewer not septic.