Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Sure - purchased a kohler mistos r72510 kitchen faucet and

Customer Question
the flow restricter is causing...
sure - purchased a kohler mistos r72510 kitchen faucet and the flow restricter is causing the faucet to have such low flow that it is almost unusable. I know where the restricter is but didn't have a tool delicate enough to see how it could be removed. I'm also concerned that by removing the restricter I defeat the anti-siphon device as well.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: oh - since I installed it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: what I plan on doing is removing the restricter when I find enough information about how to do it properly - I could just break it out and that may end up being the only answer but I would like to try a bit more finesse before I do that
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can tell you the part number and send a photo
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
11/14/2017
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

I​ was looking at all the Kohler faucets and replacement parts but didn't see one for the Mistos 72510? Most restrictors are located in the aerators and this particular model doesn't have an aerator shown. That makes me suspect one is not installed and the lo-flow feature may instead be built/molded directly into the faucet, meaning it is not a replacement item and if removed will most likely be permanent and damaging.

I may be wrong on this simply because I do not have the faucet in front of me to inspect closer. Many restrictors are rubber with a few small holes (similar to shower heads) and can be removed, enlarged, and re-installed.

Here is a link showing the Kohler chart, just scroll down to the replacement parts list and page 40 of the chart has the Mistos 72510.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-Mistos-Single-Handle-Pull-Out-Sprayer-Kitchen-Faucet-in-Stainless-Steel-K-R72510-SD-VS/205387980

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 20 days ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 days ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I resolved it after your first response as I already found the flow restrictor and was looking for guidance in removing. I removed it and problem solved.

Great thanks for the update, happy to know it has been resolved. If you feel that you didn't need the experts help on this particular question, just let me know and I will forward to customer service for a refund or credit. In order to close out the question it will require a rating. Please note all experts are independent of the fees associated with the question and have no bearing on it. If you need help at a later time you can always request an expert of your choice.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor