Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Moen single handle shower. I replaced the cartridge…

Customer Question
I have a Moen...

I have a Moen single handle shower. I replaced the cartridge with a Moen 1222 Posi Temp. Not sure it is the correct cartridge, matched the best with the big box in stock parts. NOW water is all Hot or all cold. No mixing of the two - Help

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Replaced the cartridge last week because of severe drip. Now no one uses the guest shower.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES, just pull and cartridge slides out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/11/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 8 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It is the right cartridge, but may not be installed correctly. Was it a Moen brand replacement or a generic?

moen brand, with HW tab up

It has a built in pressure balancing spool. Do you have it all back together or at you at the catridge with just the retainer clip

cartridge in all the way and retainer clip in place, no leaks, turn clockwise all hot; turn counter clockwise to 10:00 postion and all cold

A Posi temp valve goes from cold to hot. if you put the handle back on it should work. The system works so it comes on full cold and the more you turn it the less cold it allows and the more hot

thank you
good bye

Do you have any further questions?