Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My takagi tk1s water heater is not making hot water. Past…

Customer Question
My takagi tk1s water...

My takagi tk1s water heater is not making hot water.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Past 2-3 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Had unit for close to 8 years and no issues til recently. Sometimes it heats and then lately mostly no heat

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, so far it sounds like a printed circuit board is going bad.

.

We can go from there without a time limit with extensive testing, training and diagnosis, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

That said, I cannot guarantee that you will not do something unsafe, or cause damages. You take that risk.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a lot about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here as you keep asking follow up questions without any limits … those actions are necessary to keep you on my list.