Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My plumber didn't give me a sewage basin gasket. I had a…

Customer Question
My plumber didn't give me...
My plumber didn't give me a sewage basin gasket. I had a sewage basin installed in my garage when they poured the floor. Just took the lid off and noticed there is no gasket between the lid and basin. I was going to put the bathroom in a couple years down the road but should this gasket have been included with the purchase of the basin and lid?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
11/9/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Some polyethene sumps don't have a gasket. The cover is form fitted to the base so well that no gasket is needed. The gasket is usually in place and there's no reason to remove it so most likely your basin doesn't require one but to be sure check with your plumber.