Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I HAVE A INSINKETATOR DISPOSAL THAT DOES NOT WORK. I TRIED…

Customer Question
I HAVE A INSINKETATOR...

I HAVE A INSINKETATOR DISPOSAL THAT DOES NOT WORK. I TRIED THE RED RESTART BUTTON. DO NOT HAVE A CRANK. IS THERE A WAY TO DETERMINE IF IT IS THE SWITCH OR THE DISPOSAL. ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD PURCHASED FROM HOME DEPOR OR LOWES I WILMINGTON NCX

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

COUPLE OF DAYS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

A COUPLE OF DAYSA

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO. DOES NOTHING WHEN I HIT THE SWITCH

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Do you have a multi-meter? have you checked all the nearby GFCI outlets and the breaker in the main panel?

don't know what a multimeter is but don't think i have one. have checked gfci outlet and breaker and they are ok.

A multi-meter reads voltage. You can try replacing the switch which is a possible but not likely culprit and/or call the 800 number on the unit and make a warranty claim.

There seems to be an issue with your account please contact customer service if you want to talk. We can continue here if you like.