Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Just Answer Plumber: I need to install a ejector pump in the…

Customer Question
Hello Just Answer Plumber:...
Hello Just Answer Plumber: I need to install a ejector pump in the basement in order to install a bathroom. Toilet, Bathtub, and vanity. Can you walk me through the process if I can send pictures of the basement drain plumbing. The water supply is easy. I've done a lot of that. I'm in the early stages of designing a bathroom layout. This all is going to take me awhile, I'm 61 and have arthritis in the legs. Do I wait to the end of my project to pay or do I pay early and also am I allowed to follow up with more questions and answers relating to the same project. Thanks, Dave
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Plumbing
10/5/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There's nothing unusual about installing an ejector. You run your drain lines as you would normally then run the main into the ejector. The only thing different about the ejector is that the sump must be vented and that vent must tie into an existing vent stack or go through the roof. I'll answer related follow ups even after you rate me favorably.