Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Rheem tankless water heater (model # RTG 74PVN-2…

Customer Question
I have a Rheem tankless...
I have a Rheem tankless water heater (model # RTG 74PVN-2 Serial #RHNG0707900789) for the past 6 years about every 12-16 months I get a C2-11 error code and will just get cold water. Each time I take it all apart and blow out the gas chambers (usually not much ash) and it will work better for another 12-16 months. Two weeks I took apart and blow out - I also flushed out the water system with vinegar. It worked for a few days then it would work in some locations and not other or if I turned on the sink hot water and got hot water then I turned on the shower it would work - so I am guessing of the flow of the hot water had something to do with it working or not working. Before taking it all apart again I wanted to see if you had a solution other than taking it apart and blowing it out. Thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 10 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I’m a certified tech. You need to clean the burner assembly. It not lighting under the flame sensor so the sensor can’t detect the flame.